Before we left for Europe, I was navigating airfares as usual (can’t stop! won’t stop!) and I found some killer fares to Chicago. I jumped on them since I’ve been aching to visit my BFF Emily for a while and we hadn’t gone back since February 2013. This is our last hurrah together for a while, as Alex starts school soon (eek!), but I might have a solo trip or two up my sleeve. We’ll see if things pan out. ANYWAYS, the fall season (my favorite time of the year!) is in full swing here in ATL and of course, in Chicago. We took advantage of the lovely weather in the windy city to walk around, eat everything in sight and go apple picking in the ‘burbs. We’ve already been there before so we didn’t do any touristy things this time around. It was the best weekend. Coming up next, more Amsterdam and Iceland posts with a few pie-related things in between!
Awesome decor at Beercade — loved this Charlie’s Angels wall over one of the bars.
- All Seasons Orchards for apple picking, pumpkin patch and apple cider donuts
- Beercade for free pinball games, good selection of beer and some badass decor
- Yolk for brunch
- Four Belly for Asian fusion food and delicious ramen
- Kuma’s Corner (W Belmont Ave) for metal music and giant burgers
- Giordano’s for deep dish pizza and chill atmosphere
- Bang Bang Pie Shop for a slice of pie with a cup of joe
- Hopleaf Bar (awesome beer selection, try the beer mussels!)
These pictures were taken in October 2014